Monday, March 30, 2009

Weight Watchers, week one

Gonna talk diet here, so fair warning:

1) I get to eat a lot points. Tipping the scales at 241.2 lbs, being a MALE, and being my age means I have a generous point count. (if you don't know points, well.. maybe I'll try to explain later).

2) My fridge is FULL. Tons of green veggies, lean meats and other things that are decidedly not worthy of the title "finding the fat" cause there sure ain't much!
  • 99% Lean Ground Turkey
  • Chicken breasts
  • Lite Turkey Breast (dietz and watson, this stuff ROCKS!)
  • Lean canadian bacon
  • Celery
  • Cucumber
  • Red peppers
  • Lettuce
  • Button Mushrooms
  • HERBS (all have no points
3
) Going to work I feel like I need to bring a cart! My lunch consists of
  • 3 containers of leftovers (turkey burger, salad, and a bit of chicken and pasta)
  • 2 diet cokes 
  • a giant bag of celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, red pepper strips and cucumber slices
  • Tea (my morning vice of late, chrysanthemum tea from the Asian Market
  • SNACKS (this is maybe only once a week), a box of crackers, some beef jerkey, and a box of single serving microwave popcorn.
Otherwise, I have found that if I am good about my breakfast, lunch and snacks, I can make TASTY things for dinner. Like sauteed halibut filets with white rice and asparagus, or chicken and pasta, or a steak (small steak at least) and potatoes (so they have to be steamed). 

So maybe this diet thing isn't that bad, we'll see. Now for the next frontier. EXERCISE!!!!

Thanks
-J



1 comment:

JewBoy said...

Is it too late to change the blog title to "Finding the Skinny"?