Thursday, November 6, 2008

What I did for her birthday

So the wife just celebrated her thirty - somethingist birthday, and all she wanted was her favorite foods for dinner (the big present this year is saving for our delayed honeymoon next year).

So, what does she like? She calls it the "wall of chicken." This is basically a pan seared chicken breast that usually involves a pan sauce and either rice or pasta. So, in preparation for this, I went around to my favorite boutique food stores and did some prep work. I stopped at "Let's meat on the avenue" for chicken breast (also picked up some weisswurst and some Niman Ranch Lamb chops, menu to be described later).

So the reason for this post. The chicken from Let's Meat was awesome, not to mention HUGE. I mean, I bought a whole skinless boneless breast (both sides), and it had to weigh 2 lbs! After all was said and done it came out perfectly!

Thanks
-J

No comments: