Thursday, October 30, 2008

So it begins




Hi,

My name is John McConnell and I live to eat. I thought about saying "I love to eat," but upon reflection, I think the former statement is closer to the truth. By that I mean that perhaps love isn't a strong enough word to describe the relationship I have with food. Food is my mistress, my mother, my wife. Food is life and love and god and all the wonders of the universe and human ingenuity, and yes I would like to try a bite of that! Spectacular food, simple food. It consumes me. Somehow though, the best parts are always the fatty bits. You know, that last bit of cheese stuck to the paper wrapper. Foie gras. Truffle oil. The crispy skin of a perfectly roasted chicken. These are things that hit you in the face, that make you go back for just one last nibble!

So that's what I want to talk about. The purpose of this blog is to document the culinary events in my life, as widely varied as they are. From the simple pleasure of a fast food cheeseburger to the wonders of Michelin Stars. From banquets and balls to workday lunches. I will do my best to find the fatty bits of life and document them here. Recipes, pictures, reviews, comments, whatever seems to matter to me at the moment are fair game.

Thanks
-John

No comments: